Thinking (sometimes dangerous but I think it's safe this time)
I was reading in Proverbs the other night in chapter 15 in the last part of the last verse and it says: ...and before honour is humility.
I was thinking about this phrase, and thinking about the word humility, so I looked it up and it means an act of submission; also I went about looking at things about humility and found this: Humility: It is a state of mind well pleasing to God.
So if humility is a state of mind well pleasing to God then, we have to be pleasing God before we can have honour.
THEN I looked up the word honour: Glory or recognition, distinction. So before we can have Glory or good things we have to be in submission to Him.

1 Comments:
Very encouraging, Leah! Thank you for posting that (Proverbs is one of my favorites, too!)
By
Jessica, at February 18, 2005 at 6:02 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home